Description: Volunteering with the Boys & Girls Club of Fitchburg and Leominster can be a very rewarding experience. With your help, we can strengthen our existing programs, add new programs, and extend our services to more young people. Program Assistants will offer programmatic support to staff and Club members within our wide variety of after-school programs and activities.
We seek enthusiastic volunteer assistants to support staff Program Instructors with programming and activities in the following program areas:
- Homework tutoring
- Recreational activities
We are looking for dedicated volunteers who can commit to participate for 2 or more hours per week for the school year. Club hours of operation are 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our Teen Center is open until 7:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- General supervision of youth
- Assist staff with implementation of program activities as needed
- Assist staff with member dismissal
- Assist with member transitions through building
- Assist staff with program preparation and clean up
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Experience or strong interest in working with youth, teens, and diverse populations
- Ability to multi-task with the capability to learn quickly and integrate efficiently
- Some supervisory experience with children desirable
- Ability to motivate and engage young people
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to assist with classroom management
Our emphasis is on providing wholesome activities supervised by adults of high moral character. Because the risk, no matter how remote, of exploitation or abuse of our members is unacceptable, we are required to secure your consent for background check, and to examine all references. Applicants must also complete the Criminal Records Check (CORI), SORI Check and national background check.